This class is for those who have a working knowledge of spoken and written French in familiar situations, but wish to build their confidence in a broader range of settings.
Who will benefit from this class?
If you have confidence using French in everyday transactional situations, but need to become more confident in unfamiliar situations; if you still struggle on occasions with correct pronunciation; if you have a good basic vocabulary but wish to extend it, and if you wish to extend your knowledge of France and the French, then this class would suit you.
What will you do in this class?
We use mainly French as a learning medium. English is used occasionally, as needed for clarity. Classes will include:
• word games to increase vocabulary.
• individual and group discussions on a wide variety of subjects.
• reading a variety of texts aloud to improve pronunciation.
• exploring the geography and history of France, and a wide variety of current affairs – in French.
• exploring grammar as it arises within a given context.
• laughing at our mistakes, and sharing information and knowledge with each other.
Who leads this class?
Christine Walter is a qualified English teacher, blessed with a lifelong love affair with France dating from her first visit, aged 14. She is still addicted to teaching, despite having tried to retire 4 years ago, when she moved to the Dordogne.
Please bring a packed lunch to eat part way through the class.
Please contact Christine at email@example.com for further details.
Group Leader : Christine Walter
Location : ACIP Room, Le Bastion, Le Bugue
Time: 12.45 — 14.00