This new course is for those who have a good intermediate level of French and use French in their day to day interactions but want to gain a better understanding of the structure of the language to improve their communication in day-to-day situations.
Who will benefit from this class?
This class would suit you if you already have a good knowledge of written and spoken French and you now wish to expand your understanding of, and facility in using, the language with accuracy and confidence in real life practical scenarios. If you want to improve your pronunciation and comprehension while strengthening your grammar and learning everyday useful phrases and vocabulary in a structured way, then this course is for you.
What will you do in this class?
This course has a structured approach to learning using a programme of lessons published on-line by ‘Learn French by Podcast’ (https://learnfrenchbypodcast.com). It will be run over 25 weeks during local school term times. To ensure maximum learning the class will be limited to 12 members.
Each class will involve:
• exploring a specific real life situation with pertinent phrases and vocabulary, building upon the learning from previous classes.
• listening to an audio podcast while reading the written text.
• looking at the accompanying notes (in English) which explain the sentence structure/grammar, phrases and vocabulary used.
• role playing the situations studied.
• receiving help with pronunciation.
• reviewing homework which will consist of sentences to translate using the sentence structures, phrases and vocabulary covered in the lesson text.
Please note that the written materials will need to be purchased on-line at a cost of approximately 25.00 euros. This would represent the equivalent of an 8 month commitment to the course. The podcasts are available free and will be downloaded from itunes and provided to you on a CD.
Who leads this class?
This class is led by Deborah Cartwright. Deborah is English and studied for a business degree at a French university, going on to work for a multinational organisation, based in Nancy. She settled in the Dordogne with her young family – now teenagers – in 2011. Deborah is fluent in French and, while not a qualified teacher, she now teaches French and English privately and is keen to help you take your French to a new and more accurate level through this ‘Learn French by Podcast’ programme.
When is this class?
First three Tuesdays of each month for 25 weeks in term time.
Please note that this class is full and has a waiting list. If you wish to put your name on the waiting list, please contact Deborah directly at email@example.com