Welcome to all who want to improve their flexibility and strength. This is a class for women and men of any age. Guidance will be given on postures and movement at beginner and intermediate levels using a yin and flow yoga styles.
The yoga group is very popular and although we welcome new participants it is important to register as a member of the yoga group. PLEASE contact Jen Lowther via the below link if you wish to join the group, at which stage you will be advised on availability for the semester and on what to wear and bring with you.
Guidelines for members of the Yoga Group
- The weekly sessions are guided by the principles of Yoga and Pilates and are followed by a period of relaxation.
- The volunteer session leaders use their own practice and experience to lead the sessions but it is important for each participant in the group to take responsibility for their own safety and well being. If you have a medical condition (for example high blood pressure) or any type of injury then it is advisable to check with your doctor before participating. We ask that you also make the session leader aware.
- The regular session leaders each offer something a little different, with many of the poses designed to support improved flexibility, posture, strength and balance, as well as release tension.
- A common principle throughout all sessions is that what we do is non-competitive and is designed to meet the needs of each individual within a group session. For the safety of all we reserve the right to limit numbers if any session is too full.
- A programme of dates for sessions will be mailed to all members of the group.
PLEASE NOTE-The yoga course is very popular so please do not attend if you are not a member of this group. Please contact the leader to put yourself on a waiting list, with thanks.
Group Leader: Jen Lowther
Location: ACIP Clubhouse, Le Buisson
Frequency: Two lessons - Tuesday mornings
Time: 9.30 & 11.00am